Late at night, after everyone is finished being themselves, I start taking things very literally.
First the housework: I build the house, clean it, sell it, then burn it down. That was a little too easy.

By the middle of the afternoon, I have become woozy on the spirit juices again. So I walk
through my house into the middle of the street outside my house, which is also someone else's street.

Early in the morning, when everything that's going to happen has already begun to happen, I give up.
It doesn't take that long but it has to be done with a degree of caution. Otherwise the roof gives in.

Around evening, the men start lining up on my porch for a handout. For every man that knocks,
I lead two around the back and give them something hard and bullet-shaped to consider. In their heads.

No comments: