Help is on the way, I told myself, while standing in a metal box falling toward the pavement at a speed approaching the speed of a falling man.

We are listening for signals from above, I was told, even as the signals I was sending were bouncing back with some sort of crackling noise.

Me and you could last forever, the man had said to the woman, right before he ripped off one sleeve of her gown and took it with him up the stairwell.

Tell me more about how that makes you feel, someone is saying to someone else right now, even as my scalp stretches out to the size of a buffalo hide.

If you ask the world then it will be yours, I lied to him slowly, just before stepping out into the corridor that ends in a turnstile.

I can't take my mind off you, I said to myself. As long as by mind you mean hands, I went on, and by you you mean me.

No comments: